Tuition is due for the month ahead at the first lesson of each month. I accept checks, payment directly from your bank and payment from online apps. I no longer accept cash. The annual registration fee is waived for the 2020/2021 school year.
Lessons have been taught remotely via video since March 2020 and we will begin the 2020 school year in this format with a plan to reopen with a new protocol as soon as we are able. We will use the space outside my studio for everything that can be taught there such as theory. We have purchased a Honeywell filtration unit for the studio. Unfortunately,at least for the 2020/2021 school year I will no longer be giving voice lessons.
1. All students will wear masks covering the nose and mouth for the duration of the lesson.
2. We will keep several feet of distance between teacher and student.
3. Parents are no longer required to be in the studio for their student's lesson. I will see students one at a time and there will be several minutes between lessons. The exception to this is my two sibling pairs. Weather permitting the student I'm not teaching can be waiting outside.
4. Students are responsible for bringing all their own materials and will be making their own notes during the lesson. Please bring your own pencils. I will have duplicate copies of your music at the 2nd piano.
5. We will have remote lessons in case of any sickness.
In cases of sickness I must be notified at least 24 hours prior to your lesson for a request to make up the lesson. Make ups will be offered at my discretion and are not guaranteed. No credits for missed lessons will be given, except when they are due to my scheduling conflicts. Please note that I teach Tuesday to Thursday only and am not available for lessons on Fridays or weekends. If you are sick, please do not come to your lesson, especially if you are at the beginning stages of a cold when you are most contagious.
My Redwood City teaching times are Tuesdays – Thursdays. All lessons are weekly for school age students during the school year. I take some time off in late December and in the summer. My vacation and other absences will be noted in the newsletter, well in advance of the dates. I take off only the major holidays and these will be noted in the calendar. Adult students come for their lessons during the school day as after school hours are reserved for students K - 12.
Lessons are 45 minutes in length. Students who are working at RCM Grade 5 level and above take an hour's lesson.
MUSIC – I will either buy your music and be reimbursed or provide details of specific books to order.
As a teacher my expectations for your progress are high. They are however, based on the individual student. I expect that you make a commitment to studying music and that you are diligent in your practice. I expect that you arrive on time for your lesson and with all your books and materials. I reserve the right to discontinue teaching a student if I determine that progress is not being made, if payments are late, if practice is not being consistently done or the student is regularly absent or tardy.
STUDENT RECITALS - Recitals will be held approximately twice a year, there may be additional ones in the Studio for those students taking RCM examinations. During the pandemic recitals are on hold.
COMPETITIONS AND ASSESMENTS There are a variety of student programs through CAPMT . Students are also eligible to be assessed through at all levels, in piano, theory and music history through The Royal Conservatory's Music Certificate Program.